How to Clean and Polish Marble
Keeping your marbles at home always beautiful requires regular and proper cleaning and polishing. Marble is a porous stone and which makes them prone to staining and any form of damages. When marbles encounter acidic substances, they will likely to react immediately. An example of acidic substances are fruit juices and vinegar. These kinds of liquids could possibly leave damages on your beautiful marbles at home especially on floors. Many house owners thinks that using wax can clean dull marbles. Yes it is true but too much layers of wax can make the marble yellowish. You can deep-clean and polish dull marbles at home particularly on the floors even without hiring an expert by simply following the tips below.
1. First, sweep the entire marble floors and make sure that it is completely clean and free from dusts. On the other hand, for non-floor marble surfaces, just wipe it with a clean rag with water and small amount of detergent.
2. With the use of a clean soft rag, soak the stains or the spills immediately. Get rid of any sticky residue on the floor surface. After that, dry it with a clean dry cloth.
3. Add some amount of cleaning solution with neural pH level with water and put it in an empty bucket. Use the marble cleaning solution according to the label’s instructions. Mop the floor where there is stain and then rinse with clean fresh water. Make sure to remove all the residue and soap. Keep on mopping the floor as needed. Work with small area to one another until you have finished the entire floor. Clean the floor daily by mopping it.
4. Add at least 3 tablespoon with 8 ounces of clean water. Use this solution when treating stains like coffee, tea or wine. Clean it, use a sponge. Work with small areas.
5. Dull surfaces must be buffed. Use a buffing machine. Buffing the floor adds shine and sparkle. You can rent a buffing machine to your nearest marble restoration company if you do not own one.
6. Lastly, you can use a polishing wax product that suits to your marble type at home. Be sure to choose the mildest and the safest polishing product for your marbles. In case, you are not so sure with what to do with your marble floors at home, it is best to contact the professionals and let them assist you from start to finish.